MCVA Local Student Opportunities
Students who live in the Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington metro area, have the opportunity to participate in a variety of extra curricular activities to enrich their education and make new friendships. Some of these activities include:
- MCA Elective Classes Onsite: MCVA students can take additional MCA onsite classes to further enrich their educational experience. These classes align with the MCA daily schedule and vary based upon the academic year.
- Weekly Chapel Services: Students have the opportunity to participate in age appropriate weekly chapel services at our Portland and Vancouver Campus. These are fun and dynamic times of prayer, worship, and learning from God’s word.
- Class Field Trips: MCVA students have the opportunity to participate in MCA sponsored field trips and other educational explorations such as Outdoor School and our Washington DC trip.
- Off site Award Parties: MCVA students demonstrating high academic achievement can also participate in our off site award parties that happen twice each year.
- Royal Court Banquet: High school students can join in and participate in our Royal Court Banquet. This is a “formal” attire event for all high school students and one of the highlights of the year.
- PSAT Testing: MCVA students (Sophomores and Juniors) can participate in MCA’s PSAT testing day in October.
- College/Career Fair: MCVA students can also join in and experience our College and Career Fair. This exciting event is where they can meet college and university admission representatives and learn about local and regional career opportunities.
- National Honor Society: MCVA students are eligible to participate in the MCA chapter of National Honor Society.
- Sports: Students have a unique opportunity to develop athletic skills, competing in Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Track & Field, Cheer, & Golf.
BENEFITS OF MCVA
- Credits and Diploma from an Accredited School
- Reputation for high standards, personal attention and strong family community
- Personalized education plans and guidance that help each student succeed
- State filing and record keeping
- Report Cards
- Participation in OSAA athletics, choir, Christmas/Spring concerts, cheer, and other programs offered at MCA (separate fees may apply)
- Standardized Testing
- School photos, ID Cards and yearbook (separate fees may apply)
ADDITIONAL ELEMENTARY (K-6TH GRADES) ACADEMY BENEFITS:
- End of the Year Awards Ceremony/Graduation (Kindergarten)
- Access to MCA Library & Resource Center
- Weekly On-campus Enrichment Courses (Music, Art, Computer, and PE – fees apply for each course)
ADDITIONAL SECONDARY (7TH-12TH GRADES) ACADEMY BENEFITS:
- Transcript service
- AP testing
- Student Clubs
- Access to on-campus classes during school hours including AP and Honors courses; science with labs; upper level
math; fine arts; design, computer and technology; and modern languages
- Assistance with college entrance, access to 1:1 college counseling
- Diplomas and graduation ceremony for all qualifying seniors
- MCVA also offers the benefit of an accredited high school diploma, authorized by the Oregon Department of Education, often an admissions requirement for most colleges and universities.
To learn more about Mannahouse Christian Academy or schedule a tour please email email@example.com.